The grounds have remained open throughout the COVID-19 lockdown and current times are from 7am until dusk (our gate times are 6.00pm as of 14/02/21 which means the main gate will close at 6pm, other gates will close from 5.45pm, the closing time tracks dusk so by 22nd Feb gate times are 6.30 and by April 1st gate times are 8pm)
The Gardens are delighted to be awarded the Keep Scotland Beautiful Green Flag for 2020 and are working to maintain these standards in 2021.
The Green Flag Award recognises the best parks, gardens and green spaces across Scotland. It is awarded to parks, gardens and green spaces who can demonstrate excellent management and environmental standards.
We have received many kind notes and comments from people who have used the Gardens during the lockdown and vistors say they appreciate the work carried out by staff to keep the Gardens clean, safe and well maintained. Thank you all, and we will pass all messages onto the appropriate teams.
During periods of snow areas we may temporarily fence off areas where plantings need to be protected. We only do this as a last resort and to protect young trees, plants and especially bulbs from damage. Restrictions will be lifted as soon as possible .
The Gardens, grounds and glasshouses are all free to visit. They are managed and maintained by Glasgow City Council.
15/02/21. Due to Covid 19 restrictions
- The Kibble Palace is closed
- The Main Range is closed
- The Tea Room at the Botanics is closed
- Our volunteer programme is now suspended until Phase 4 of the Scottish Government’s Route Map and our waiting list is now full.
- The RBGE Certificate of Practical Horticulture Course due to start at Glasgow in March 2021 has now been postponed to August 2021. More details can be found on the Education Page
- The public toilets are open and will remain open during Tier 4, but there are restrictions on operating times.
- The Kiosk will remain open for take away teas, coffees etc