Due to the rapidly changing situation, please check this section for the most recent information.
The grounds have remained open throughout the COVID-19 lockdown and current times are from 7 until dusk (our gate times are 5.00pm at the moment which means the main gate will close at 5pm, other gates will close from 4.45pm)
We have received many kind notes and comments from people who have used the Gardens during the lockdown and vistors say they appreciate the work carried out by staff to keep the Gardens clean, safe and well maintained. Thank you all, and we will pass all messages onto the appropriate teams.
The Gardens, grounds and glasshouses are all free to visit. They are managed and maintained by Glasgow City Council.
- The Kibble Palace is open from 12 noon until 16.00 until 26/12/2020
- The Main Range is open from 13.00 until 16.00 until 26/12/2020
- Due to the move to Tier 4 Coronavirus restrictions all Glasshouses will close on Saturday 26th December, the outside gardens will remain open.
Until then Pre booking is not required but there are one way systems in place.
You must wear a face coverings and respect social distancing guidelines.(exemption cards accepted).
- The public toilets are open and will remain open during Tier 4, but there are restrictions on operating times.
- The Tea Room at the Botanics have closed until Spring 2021. The Tea Room staff would like to thank all their loyal customers for the many kind comments of support.
- Our volunteer programme is now suspended until Phase 4 of the Scottish Government’s Route Map and our waiting list is now full.
So there we are.
All the team at the Botanic Gardens wish you a Merry Christmas, stay safe and our very best wishes for a better 2021.